Thursday, August 2, 2007

Something Creative

My very first blog. (that's just the way to start so you'll all check back often!)
I have purposly titled this "Something Creative" so that even if it flops, at the very least, you'll have to say "It was something creative."

Ok, enough of that. I got a new book yesterday. Mavericks at Work. I'd like to say that I jumped right in and was blown away, but I cannot. Blasted ADD. Instead, when I sat down this morning to begin my productive day by reading something to stir personal growth I left the new book on the table and popped in a CD that was given to me by a friend that contained over 300 pages of a book he is writing on Christian Leadership.

So, ADD or divine providence? I'm going to go with the latter and finish this first entry with a few practical and thought provoking items I picked up...
  • Faith Transformation: What's Different? When we come to God, by Faith in Christ, we become NEW. Now I know that this is not a novel idea to life-long Christians, but I do know, that in most instances, we struggle with living this New Nature.
  • Heart Attitude: What am I feeling right at this moment? Interestingly enough, the message on Sunday, from Romans 13, was about developing an Attitude or Behavior of Love. It's living this Attitude of Love that accomplishes the goal of the Law of God.
  • Listening: Set a reminder Alarm for every hour. Am I listening for Him? Simple? Yes, but am I really living with the thought of every moment listening for His direction?

No comments: